Aceptar

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos y servicios de interés.
Al continuar con la navegación, entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

capilla san juan bautista
Dirección Plaza del Marqués hacia C/ Oscar Ollavaría GijónAsturias
Localización

Descripción

COLLEGIATE CHAPEL OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST (circa 1702-1723).

Listed historical-artistic monument (1974).

The chapel of the Palace of the Marquis of San Esteban del Mar was founded in 1699 by Luis de Jove Ramírez (died 1713), prior of Oviedo Cathedral and uncle of the first Marquis of San Esteban. Built in the Baroque style following a design by the Asturian architect Francisco Menénedez-Camina Carreño, it was finished by Pedro Muñiz Somonte in 1723.